‘Nobody in the Bush administration called me to leak this. In July I was interviewing a senior administration official on Ambassador Wilson’s report when he told me the trip was inspired by his wife, a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction. Another senior official told me the same thing. As a professional journalist with 46 years experience in Washington I do not reveal confidential sources. When I called the CIA in July to confirm Mrs. Wilson’s involvement in the mission for her husband — he is a former Clinton administration official — they asked me not to use her name, but never indicated it would endanger her or anybody else. According to a confidential source at the CIA, Mrs. Wilson was an analyst, not a spy, not a covert operator, and not in charge of undercover operatives’…
— DRUDGE REPORT
And if you read the first Novak column it doesn’t actually say that the two “senior administration officials” told him Plame was with the CIA, only that they told him it was her idea to send Wilson.
Wilson never worked for the CIA, but his wife, Valerie Plame, is an Agency operative on weapons of mass destruction. Two senior administration officials told me Wilson’s wife suggested sending him to Niger to investigate the Italian report. The CIA says its counter-proliferation officials selected Wilson and asked his wife to contact him. “I will not answer any question about my wife,” Wilson told me.
Of course this says nothing about the claims that 2 admin officials called up 6 different reporters and leaked her name.
Soldier Blogger Chief Wiggles has started up a toy drive for Iraqi children.
From his site:
Some no no toys:
Any guns of any kind
No violent action hereos
No violent toys
No barbie dolls or dolls skantily dressed
No toys that shoot something, no projectiles
No water guns
Lets just keep it simple, simple toys, just the basics, these kids have
Some other items that are nice are pencils, pens, paper to draw and color on.
Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, brushes, combs, etc.
Nice stuffed animals, other items.
Just use your good judgement, and if you are unsure, contact a local muslim group for help.
Here is the mailing address to send items to:
APO AE 09335
As the Chief has said, ALL toys will be distributed to the children, unless they are inappropriate.
There are more suggestions in the comments section of the post.
Via Yahoo! News, 62% in Bagdhad think ousting Saddam was worth the hardships, 67% think things will be better in 5 years than before the war. 47% think they’re currently worse off though while 33% think they’re currently better off.
Boortz posted an interesting questionnaire for some of the more far-out lefties.
‘Bush’s Illegal War’ Questionnaire
Please answer as many of the following questions as you can, and as many with a straight face as possible. Please answer quickly as you already have all of the answers.
1. Since George W. Bush is evil, and thought by some to be far more dangerous than Saddam Hussein, could you please list the instances you are aware of where George W. Bush has ordered the murder, torture and rape of American citizens, like yourself, who oppose his presidency.
2. Could you list any sites of mass graves of American citizens ordered to be killed by the Bush administration?
3. Further, could you please list the instances you are aware of when George W. Bush has ordered the murder of members of his own family.
4. Do you feel that Saddam Hussein possessed no weapons he was specifically forbidden to have by the UN; for example, the Scud missiles he fired into Kuwait during the first two weeks of the war?
5. How do you think Saddam was able to fire weapons that he didn’t have?
6. Are inspectors inspectors, or are inspectors detectives?
7. How many more months would you have given Saddam Hussein to comply with the 17 UN resolutions, passed over 12 years?
8. If you owned an apartment building, for how many months would you allow a tenant to defy you to kick him out for not paying the rent he owes?
9. If the UN, and the previous administration, were convinced Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, and used that as a basis for their actions against Iraq, how do those reasons evaporate when applied by the Bush administration?
10. If the Bush administration, led by the evil GWB, lied about weapons of mass destruction in order to go to war, why haven’t we found any WMD secretly planted by the Bush administration?
11. If you feel it would be too difficult to plant WMD in Iraq, because there are too many people watching, such that no one can do anything sneaky in Iraq, then why can’t we find Saddam?
12. Do you disagree with the statement…”The weapons of mass destruction used in the 9/11 attacks were box-cutters”?
13. Do you think finding an airplane fuselage in a terrorist training camp in northern Iraq means terrorists were practicing hijackings? If not, for what purpose do you think they were using the airplane?
14. Knowing what little you may know about spy satellites, what do you think Iraq was hiding using the tunnel-digging equipment they bought from the French some 5 years ago?
15. Why do you think Iraq had a ‘Higher Committee for Monitoring the Inspection Teams’ headed by Hussein’s Vice-President, and son, Qusay?
16. The fact that Iraq trained experts to foil UN weapons inspectors is documented not just by U.S. intelligence organizations, but by those of many other countries. Why do you think Iraq needed to use these tactics, if George W. Bush is lying?
17. In 1995, Iraq admitted it had biological weapons. They declared they had, for example, 8500 liters of anthrax. Where did they all go? If Iraq destroyed them, why would there be any need for more UN resolutions after that?
18. When do you think Iraq abandoned their existing Weapons of Mass Destruction program? What do you think was their motivation for abandoning it- the 17th time the UN said ‘pretty please’, or the fact that it was spending too much money that could used for social programs to improve the lives of Iraqi citizens?
19. Do you think the bio-weapons lab vehicles found in Iraq were being used as lunch wagons, or as mobile auto detail trucks?
20. If a terrorist organization attacked America tomorrow by spraying anthrax over a large city, would you blame George W. Bush for not doing enough?
21. Would Hillary?
22. How many minutes after the attack do you think it would take for Hillary to appear on CNN?
23. If an illegal U.S. president declares an illegal war, wouldn’t the two cancel each other out?
Bonus Question: Do you think O.J. killed Ron and Nicole, or was he the victim of a massive conspiracy to plant evidence by many separate divisions of the LAPD?
— boortz.com: Nealz Nuze
Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Hugh Shelton at a “Celebrity Forum” a couple weeks ago:
‘What do you think of General Wesley Clark and would you support him as a presidential candidate,’ was the question put to him by moderator Dick Henning, assuming that all military men stood in support of each other. General Shelton took a drink of water and Henning said, ‘I noticed you took a drink on that one!’
‘That question makes me wish it were vodka,’ said Shelton. ‘I’ve known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I’m not going to say whether I’m a Republican or a Democrat. I’ll just say Wes won’t get my vote.’
–Los Altos Online